Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

As I was doing my many chores this morning, I found myself thanking the Lord of heaven and earth for all the wonderful appliances that make my day just a bit easier. How did women survive before such contraptions??? I would like to see Ree (self proclaimed Pioneer Woman) live without a washing machine, microwave, dish washer, making her children's clothes stitch by stitch, and growing her own food, with no car, just for one day. Haha. This would make a great TV show, someone should pitch the idea to TLC. I know I would not last a day! But seriously, though things have changed a lot since those days, modern mothers just have a different frontier. Whether that frontier is becoming the women we want to be, getting all the impossible laundry done, shepherding our children's heart, or just getting through the day without pulling our hair out,  there is a pioneer woman in all of us and we can do this!



1 comment: